Thursday, October 7, 2010

Victorian Rose's Life Book Project: Week 3: Childhood

Our babies are growing up now, and we are moving on to the Childhood stage of life. This week should not be about their school days, as we will be doing that chapter next week. This page should demonstrate your subject's early childhood before school, or their life outside of school. It can include siblings, as they were a large part of your subject's childhood.

Remember, journaling is the key! If you didn't include information about what was happening in the world on your birth page, here's another chance. What kinds of things did kids do when your subject was a child? How much did they pay to go to the movies? Who starred in them? What songs did they listen to? This is a page everyone should be able to do, even with limited personal information.

If you don't know much about your subject's early childhood days, do some research into what was happening in the world during those years. If you have a photo of your subject, that's great. If you don't, concentrate on the journaling. What was life like for a typical child at that point in history? Who was their primary care giver? Did they have brothers and sisters to play with? Think outside the box! :)

When my cousin interviewed my dad's cousin, Millie, most of the stories she told him about her childhood had a lot to do with the things she did with (and to :lol:) her sister growing up, so I did this page about sisters: (click for larger view in the gallery)



The other stories she told about her childhood, I just put together on a page I called Cherished Memories. I didn't have any pictures to go with the journaling, so I found some on the internet and asked a cousin who still lives in the area to take another one for me.



If you don't have any information at all about your subject's childhood, you may wish to do something like I've done here, in this layout called Two Generations as children.



Here's a page I made of my Dad and two of his siblings as children. (This uses my Childhood Quick Page.)



And speaking of kits and quick pages...

Here are some suggestions for you of my products that go well with the Childhood theme from the Heritage Scrap Store. There are also many other products by other designers that go well with the Childhood Theme.

QUICK PAGES





This Good Old Days word art set might also work well for this page:



So that's it for this week. Please post your layouts in the Week #3 - Childhood Gallery and try to post a link back here in this thread.

Have fun! I can't wait to see your layouts!

©2010 Vicki Pasterik Victorian Rose Designs

0 comments:

Post a Comment