Saturday, December 5, 2009

Twelve Days of Christmas Progressive Layout Challenge - Christmas Palooza at Heritage Scrap

Oh you just have to hop on over to the Heritage Scrap gallery!!!  Things are looking pretty fun with the Twelve Days of Christmas Progressive Challenge!!  Everyone is adding and adding to their layouts and it's starting to get a little hairy!  Today we added 5 ball ornaments.  Ok, still fairly easy but what about tomorrow?  And the next day??  Yikes!

Its not too late to join in the fun either!  We've only done the first five days. 

Our gracious hostess, Helene aka Victoria32, has posted these instructions:

Please join me in "The 12 Days Of Christmas Progressive Challenge". We will build a layout over the next 12 days using items listed in this forum thread each day.  We have the Wonderful Christmas Collab kits in the store and would like you use these to create your layouts.  At the end you will have a beautiful Christmas LO for your album, and you will be entered into a draw to win a kit of your choice from The Believe Collab Collection of Kits.

(Oh yeah!! Oh yeah!!  Doing the happy dance over here!  I forgot about the PRIZE!!!  Ooohh-la-la!!)

Day 1
The first day of Christmas my true love sent to me
A parteridge in a pear tree.
(Now "partridge")

So let us begin:  On the 1st day: create a LO in the size you are going to scrap and add 1 Christmas Tree.

  • Q:  Are we allowed to resize elements and move them around as this challenge progresses?
  • A:  I will allow you to move and resize as necessary so that you will end up with a pretty LO for your album.  No replacement of pieces will be allowed however, so once it's part of the LO, you may resize or move it, but not REMOVE it.

Progressive Scrap Day 1
by Mary Sue

(Looks a little nekkid!!  Yikes!)


Day 2
The second day of Christmas my true love sent to me
"Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree"

So today I would like you to find and add 2 photos you would like to use. Crop them into any shape you wish and place them on the LO with the Christmas Tree. Post your day 2 LO in the gallery.


12 Days_Day 2
by Helene aka Victoria32

(Still looks a little weird Helene!!  Sorry!  Just sayin'.....)


Day 3:
"The third day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Three French Hens
Two turtle doves
And a parteridge in a pear tree."

So today we are going to add 3 papers, 1 background paper, and 2 others, either as mats or paper shapes as you desire.  Please place these under your tree or photos as mats.  Please feel free to post your work in progress.  If you are only finding the challenge now, you are welcome to join and catch up.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.


Progressive Challenge - Day 3
by Vintage Vicki aka LisasMom

(Ahhh..... Much better if I do say so myself!!  No more nekkid layouts!!  hehehe)


The fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Four Colly birds . . .
(Now "Calling birds", but originally "Colly birds" = black birds., "Colly" means "black as coal" in old English, as in "colliery".)

Your layouts are looking great so far.  So today we are going to add 4 star elements to your layout. These can be anywhere on the layout.  Please post your work in progress for us to see.



4th day of Christmas Challenge
by Linda aka lyndabook

 (WooHoo!!  Lookin' better and better!!)


Day 5
The fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Five gold rings . . .
(Originally these were pictured as "golden ring"-necked pheasants, not jewelry. All the first five gifts were birds.)

Your layouts are looking really great so far. I hope you are enjoying the challenge. Ready for Day 5?  So the challenge for today is to add 5 ball ornaments.  Place these anywhere you like on your layout.


Progressive-Scrap
by Marnie


So what do you think??  Nothing too hard yet huh??  Well, come on Helene! (Ooohhhh, no, no, no, I will not start singing "Come on Eileen"!!  I won't, I won't, I won't)  Step it up a little!  This is a challenge, so CHALLENGE us!  I want to see some serious sweating here!!  hahaha  NOT!  I know we all want to create beautiful masterpieces to cherish for all times!  But its nice to have a little fun sometimes too.  So come over to Heritage Scrap and join in if you haven't already!  Remember, there is a PRIZE involved!!  hahaha

Take care until next time!!
Vintage Vicki aka LisasMom
Heritage Scrap Creative Challenge Team

0 comments:

Post a Comment