Sunday, September 13, 2009

Heritage Hunting II Starts September 15!!


Hi Heritage Hunters!!

I so apologize for all of the *drama* from my health issues during Heritage Hunting thus far! But I am fine and ready to give it a go again!! That's why I'm calling it Heritage Hunting II - a fresh start but also because we will be closely following the other Vicki's (from Victorian Rose Designs) format from her Life Book II project and challenge. She has done such a superb job in guiding scrappers through a difficult project what I want to be her when I grow up ... er, I mean, I will follow her example!! :oops: :oops:

So, we will be starting with our first chat on Tuesday evening at 9:00 Eastern time as we have done in the past. Remember to adjust for a different time zone, I'm in Eastern so I'm using that as the reference point. Each Tuesday before the chat, I will make a posting about the topic we will be studying for the week which will coincidentally be the same sort of topic that we will be scrapping the following week in Vicki's Life Book challenge! See how cool that will work out - she will start her topic and we can all say that we are totally prepared to start our layouts with all kinds of background information!! We will be right on top of things!!

What I am going to be posting is mostly links to or excerpts from various websites. I will post for both genealogical type information and historical type information. Maybe you already know all the pertinent facts about your Life Book person so you can skip that part and go right into the historical portion to find little tidbits and interesting facts to add to your story. If you don't know the family facts about your subject, you will have links to sites that may help you find those facts. If you have totally hit a brick wall with the personal facts, maybe you can supplement your Life Book with some historical information regarding the subject for that week.

During the chat time, we will discuss any questions you have or even any particular details about your Life Book person that you may find puzzling. I also will try to have a weekly freebie for attendants to the chat and a prize for a random winner from those posting a layout or story about their findings for the week!

All and all, we should have a fun-filled two nights each week!! And your Life Book should be filled with interesting layouts documenting not only names, dates, and places, but also historical background to round out your subject's life and times making your Life Book a family heirloom to treasure for many generations to come!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment